It’s almost that time of year again, time for holiday shopping! As people are making their lists and figuring out the right gifts for everyone on it, they should also be sure to map out the places to go to find the best presents.
Here are some of the best shopping spots in NYC:
- Herald Square. Macy’s in Herald Square, what a place to be during the holidays! Since 1902, this Macy’s has been more of a cultural icon than a shopping destination. In addition, the surrounding area is home to one of the few indoor malls in New York City. There are plenty of well-known retailers and small boutiques; it’s the perfect place to get Black Friday deals.
- Soho. Soho is another wonderful shopping district in NYC. It’s one of the oldest, most famous districts in the city, full of high-end fashion houses. Shoppers can find Prada, Armani Exchange, Stella McCartney, Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren and Chanel to name a few. There are also a number of designer lighting and furnishings shops.
- Bergdorf Goodman. The ultra luxurious Bergdorf Goodman is a must-shop destination on Black Friday. The deals here are spectacular, and the gifts can’t be beat!
- Union Square. The Union Square Holiday Market takes place in Union Square each year. This internationally renowned market is located right in the heart of the city. Millions of people visit the market each year to browse handmade gifts created by local artisans. This is a unique ‘can’t miss’ experience.
- 59th and Lexington. The 59th and Lexington area is a 20-block stretch of small shops of all types. Most are local boutiques, rather than well-known retailers, so shoppers can really find some unique gifts.
- Grand Central. There is another holiday market in the Grand Central area of New York City. The Grand Central Holiday Fair takes place every year in the historic Grand Central Station. There are plenty of cool vendors and a train show, so kids will actually enjoy this shopping day.
No matter where shoppers venture this holiday season, there are great deals to be found. Let us know where you’ll be shopping this holiday season!