A whopping 96% of cell phone users in the US have a data plan. Text messages and social media platforms have dominated cellular communication; spurred on by the perpetual desire to stay connected with everything, all the time…forever. A jaw-dropping study by emarketer.com states the average adult spends around 2 hrs and 21 mins a day on the a mobile device. With all this activity requiring a lot a bandwidth we are now dealing with data usage issues and lost 4G and LTE connections.
Enter PassBook. Passbook, which comes pre-installed on all Apple devices, stores various documents – plane tickets, concert tickets, parking passes – in an easily manageable offline…well, passbook. ParkWhiz is now fully integrated with Passbook; meaning we have made it even easier to get in and out of parking facilities with your parking pass. At ParkWhiz we have many mobile accessible locations in which you simply scan your parking pass in and out with the use of our mobile app. With Passbook there will be no more issues with a lost data connection in an underground garage. No holding the phone in awkward positions to get connection.
So save yourself even more time and join in. Our drivers are already talking about the new feature.
“This is one of the most convenient ways to park in DC. The app-sync with iPhone Passbook made it easy to park with just having your phone- no need to print your parking ticket!!” -Sunny V.
How to use your ParkWhiz parking pass with Passbook
- You must book your parking pass via our iOS app or our mobile website.
- When you have gone through the checkout/ purchase process you will see the above page. Click “Add to Passbook”. This will command your phone to store your parking pass in the Passbook app for offline use.
- When you arrive at your parking destination simply pull up your pass in Passbook from your iPhone menu screen.
- Scan the pass or show the mobile pass the the attendant on site (The instructions section of your pass will tell you exactly what to do).
- Park and enjoy your day.
- Upon exiting the facility follow your parking pass instructions
- Pat yourself on the back! You did great!