The Global Citizen Festival is one of the biggest festivals to happen in Central Park. The free event aims to teach citizens about world problems and spark action and change. This year the festival features Pearl Jam, Beyoncé, Ed Sheeran, and Coldplay!
If you’re one of the lucky few that did the work got tickets to this festival then do your happy dance and make sure you’re prepared for the day. Below are some of my tips to making the most out of any festival!
- Comfort, comfort, comfort! This is an outdoor event with an expected temperature of 75O This is New York City so be prepared for the temperature to spike to the 80s. So dress comfortably (shoes ladies!) and enjoy the many attractions
- Book parking in advance– Do yourself a favor and download the ParkWhiz app to find easy and cheap parking. Remember the festival never releases the order of performers so get your parking place ahead of time!
- Packing your purse/bag. Carefully read your ticket to understand what is allowed and prohibited from the event. You don’t want to keep running back to your car to drop off items and possibly miss your favorite performer.
- Bring cash. There will be 100s of vendors at the event and most tend to not accept credit cards for purchases under $10 so save yourself the headache and bring some cash.
- Enjoy yourself! You won tickets to the hottest event of the summer so don’t sweat the little things. Learn about the current world problems and take action. Oh and of course dance and sing out!
If you have any other tips about the Global Citizen Festival please let us know!